So you’ve made the decision to invest in marketing automation software. You’ve read the studies that back it up. You’re well aware that your firm needs it.
Now all you have to do is choose a marketing automation platform.
In the marketing automation arena, we obviously have a preferred product. It’s a tool we created ourselves and use on a daily basis. But, for the time being, we’ll refrain from advocating our particular solution.
That’s because you’re the target audience for this tutorial. It’s intended solely to guide you through the questions and answers you’ll need to ask and answer in order to choose the finest marketing automation system for your needs.
It’s worth noting that we said: “for you.” Because what works for your competition may not always work for you. Many factors will influence which marketing automation platform is best for your firm. Such as the size of your organization, the size of your database, your CRM, and how complex you want your marketing automation to be.
Your chosen solution must also be able to expand with you. That can be a difficult task. Finding a solution you’ll be happy with today is one thing. It’s one thing to be satisfied with the same software solution after two or three years.
But it’s not out of the question. It’s not even that difficult. Once you’ve answered a few questions, what appears to be a difficult decision can become rather straightforward.
Before we get started, a word of caution: a lot of this “pre-purchase homework” can be… less than enjoyable. In fact, it’s a little tedious. You may already have a gut feeling about which solution you want and don’t want to waste any more time reading specs to back it up. That’s very understandable.
Stay with us, though. While doing your homework now may be less fun than picking your favorite and moving on, this is the foundation that will decide your future success.
Once the solution is up and running, it may also make you look really good.
What are your company’s objectives?
More than anything else, the answer to this one important question should determine which solution you choose. So think hard, talk to your coworkers and senior employees, and come up with three primary goals for your new marketing automation project.
If you choose more than three goals, your attention will become diluted. Also, attempt to decide on a single overarching goal. Quantify it as well if at all possible.
Each of these considerations has a significant impact on the marketing automation package you choose.
If you want to boost your marketing ROI, consider the following:
- This new software can’t be too expensive, either upfront or in the long run. It will be considerably more difficult to boost ROI if it is too pricey.
- It can’t take an eternity to put in place. Time is a valuable commodity. If you spend the next six months creating this thing and lose $100K in employee hours, your ROI will be severely harmed.
- It can’t be too expensive to implement. So, without $50,000 in bespoke code, your old CRM had better be able to communicate with your new marketing automation platform.
- It must have a minimal cost per user. This device must be usable by everyone on your team.
- The automation platform must be simple to operate. To administer the marketing automation system, you can’t afford to hire someone with insanely advanced abilities and high compensation. You also can’t afford to waste hundreds of hours of valuable staff time on training.
Consider the following if you want to increase productivity:
- Time for implementation is a concern. Obviously, taking six months to establish a marketing automation program is less productive than choosing a platform that can be implemented in three months.
- The ease with which it can be used. If a system is difficult to use or can only be used by one or two people, it will undoubtedly reduce your productivity. By a large margin. It implies you’ll almost certainly have a backlog of requests coming via that one marketing automation expert. That not only means your workforce is less likely to use your fancy new software, but it also means they’re less likely to get a return on their investment.
- What is the system’s degree of adaptability? This isn’t a productivity issue right now, but it will become one in the future. Evaluate how easy it will be to update, adjust, or tweak this new MA platform over time as you consider how you will use it. As you may be aware, the only constant in marketing is changing. Any new system must be prepared for all of these changes, especially those you can’t predict right now.
If you want to increase your consumer base, consider the following questions:
- Is this new marketing automation tool capable of shortening your sales cycle? Don’t just reply “yes” here; be explicit about the aspects of the various platforms you’re considering that will allow you to achieve your goal.
- Is it possible that this new MA platform will make it easier for you to keep track of what’s truly going on along the buyer’s journey? Again, don’t just say “yes” to this question on the spur of the moment. Make an effort to be specific. If you can’t get specific with the information you have now, contact each vendor again for a response. It’s preferable if their staff can demonstrate how your solution will operate.
- Is the platform capable of assisting you in retaining clients and growing your business? It’s great to get more clients, but keeping them is even better. And how about getting more business from your current customers? That is the most ideal of all. Is it possible for your new MA platform to allow loyalty marketing or perhaps expand marketing? Before you buy, find out!
What you can accomplish with a marketing automation platform determines how good it is. It doesn’t matter how cheap something is if it takes too long to implement, is too difficult to use, or doesn’t provide you with the tools you need to achieve your objectives. You won’t get excellent results out of it, and you’ll end up wasting money in the long run.
That’s why, when looking for an MA platform, it’s critical to perform your research beforehand. Aiozium is here to assist you. It may seem inconvenient to ask so many questions at first, but it’s a minor inconvenience compared to fighting for a year to get your system set up properly if you ever get it set up at all.