If you ever thought that Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and Marketing automation software is the same, then you’re not alone. Many marketing and sales leaders do not know the basic difference between the two software’s, thereby failing to select the best system for their company and improve the company processes. Let’s get into it deeply and learn how CRM and marketing automation software differ.
What is Marketing Automation Software?
Marketing automation is a software designed to rationalize, assess and automate key business tasks and workflows including fragmentation, generating leads, acquire and support, retaining customers and account marketing. It is mainly used to ramp up mechanisms and to avoid time-consuming tasks, and to create tailor-made, customised marketing campaigns for customers.
Marketing automation allows your business to focus on creating a better customer experience by providing potential customers with targeted content. They can be used to improve your output, monitor and ensure optimal customer loyalty, transform leads into customers, qualify leads, and improve the productivity in the workflow of your company.
Some of the popular marketing automation tools are:
Benefits of Marketing Automation
- Marketing automation software program can help increase your conversion rates by making sure that your content is only sent to clients who are inquisitive about your commercial enterprise and by helping you create content that is relevant and compelling.
- The primary benefit of marketing automation software is that it detects issues in your workflow and simplifies the process by organizing and monitoring the tasks, sending alerts to team members, automating schedules, and making team communication easier.
- The foremost objective of marketing automation software is using automation to reduce the amount of heavy lifting for your personnel, concentrating on certain key matters. Process automation also can significantly bolster employee satisfaction and engagement by making the work simpler for customers.
- More leads don’t always mean better. Focus on the quality and not the quantity, because of the fact that high-quality leads have a greater chance of becoming loyal customers. A unique lead scoring system allows you to use marketing automation software to identify potential customers who are most probable in all likelihood to convert.
- Personalized, targeted content is a great way to reach new clients and keep existing ones, and marketing automation software can help you to ensure that all your marketing content is customized for each client by gathering customer data, evaluating user conduct, and recording data that can be used in marketing campaigns.
What is Customer Relationship Management?
CRM software is a tool that addresses the whole of the sales funnel from marketing to the customer service interaction, contact and sales management, agent productivity and customer relationships.
CRM also stores customer information, for example how long you are a customer, your documents of purchase, and your call records. To optimize customer interactions, ramp up sales and customer satisfaction and optimize processes, you can use a CRM.
CRM can be used by nearly anybody in your company and easily accessible by all departments.
Some of the popular CRM Tools are:
Benefits of CRM Software
- One of the major advantages of a CRM is that after you provide basic information, such as phone number, name, and email address, you can track and organize your contacts automatically. The CRM acts as a central information repository, accessible and used by all members of your organization to enhance customer service and lead to business advancements.
- A CRM can also integrate your company’s traditional workflow and could save your time and increase productivity by automating long-term tasks. It can also enhance client participation by facilitating the sending of consistent, focused messages.
- A CRM follows your existing clients’ buying patterns and gives you insights into themes and trends that you can use to develop marketing and lead generation plans that will attract new leads and clients more likely.
- You can easily monitor sales progress throughout your whole organization with a CRM system, track customer travel, close gap, and assign sales representatives in fields that need improvements.
- Most CRM platforms also provide tools for customer customization, which have been shown to increase lead conversion. In fact, according to Infosys research, 86 percent of consumers value personalization in their purchasing decisions. You can include customer names in your emails, target campaigns based on your customers’ behavior, or send emails to them wherever they are.
Many would think that the main difference between CRM and marketing automation here is that every framework handles database contacts at various stages of the sales/marketing cycle. That’s not true anymore.
Platforms for marketing and marketing automation can support sales throughout the entire business process. Marketing automation feeds data into the CRM to carry out structured campaigns, lead generation, lead ratings and more information.
The execution of campaigns is the difference on the marketing automation side of the equation. Campaign management is central to marketing automation. Everything else (activity monitoring, lead scoring, form data, etc.) is routed through your CRM platform.
CRM, on the other hand, distinguishes itself through opportunity management. Transitioning leads to opportunities and handling those opportunities is a CRM feature that is not available in marketing automation systems. Indeed, if it’s really accessible, that system is a CRM Marketing Automation hybrid.
Integrating CRM and Marketing Automation together
While they are two distinct systems, CRM and marketing automation software have been used in conjunction to optimize their perks and integrate their strengths.
If you’re searching for a tool with the best of both worlds, consider Aiozium which offers CRM and Marketing Automation Solutions. Using Aiozium allows you to:
- Set up a relationship before you send a sales lead.
- Set lead scores.
- Offer consistent messaging for support and lead nurturing.
- Enter a seamless journey from visitor to customer.
- Assist sales representatives to see the complete picture of your corporation’s lead journey.
- Reports on what is working and what isn’t in a closed loop to see the whole picture.